How do you disassociate dimensions in Revit?
Remove a Dimension Line Segment
- Position the cursor over the individual segment of a dimension string to be deleted.
- Press Tab until the segment is highlighted, and click to select it.
- Press Delete. Note: Any instance overrides are retained in the remaining dimension segments when an individual segment is deleted.
How do you ungroup in Revit 2020?
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.
Can you group dimensions in Revit?
You can also create groups from linked Revit models, or you can duplicate and modify an existing group. See Converting Groups and Linked Models and Duplicating Group Types. Note: You cannot group dimensions, tags, or keynotes without also grouping the elements that they reference.
How do you set dimensions in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
Can you explode a group in Revit?
To completely remove grouping of all elements do this – Select the Group, and select Ungroup from the Modify | Model Groups ribbon that appears.
How do you ungroup elements?
Ungroup shapes, pictures, or objects
- To ungroup shapes or other objects, under Drawing Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click Group. , and then click Ungroup.
- To ungroup pictures, under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click. , and then click Ungroup.
How do you ungroup multiple groups in Revit?
Right click on each Group on the Browser, select all instances in project, ungroup, and repeat. Or, open a 3D view, unhide everything, select all and filter to keep only the Groups highlighted, ungroup. When done, Purge All and check the Groups you want to Purge, or simply delete them from the Browser.
What is a group in Revit?
You can create a group by selecting elements in a project view, or you can use the group editor. In the group editor, you can. Add elements from the project view. Place additional elements in the view, which are then automatically added to the group. Remove elements.
How do you change the dimension tolerance in Revit?
Right-click the dimension, and then select Edit from the menu. In the Edit Dimension dialog box, click the Precision and Tolerance tab. In the Tolerance Method list, select the tolerance type from the list. When you select the type, the associated tolerance value boxes are available to edit.
How do you continue a dimension in Revit?
Place the cursor on the desired location of the next reference point, and click. As you move the cursor, a dimension line appears. You can continue to select multiple references, if desired. After selecting a second reference point, press Spacebar to align the dimension to the vertical or horizontal axis.
How do I change units in Revit?
Set Project Units
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Project Units.
- In the Project Units dialog, select the discipline.
- Click the value in the Format column to change the display value for that unit type. …
- Specify Units, if necessary.
- For Rounding, select an appropriate value.