What is the use of shell and draft feature in SolidWorks?
The shell command takes a solid and turns it into a thin walled feature. This is used a lot with molded parts. This feature can do amazing things with just a few clicks.
How do you shell extrusion in SolidWorks?
Add an extrude feature to the bottom face of the model to increase the thickness around the area that failed. To create the shell, remove the faces of the extrude feature and the original bottom face of the model. Search ‘Shell – Add an Extrude Feature’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
Why can’t I shell solidworks?
Re: Can’t shell an object in solidworks
Forgot to add, shelling will only work if all the surfaces can be offset by the value you set. After a second look at your picture, I’m pretty sure the side ribs and the threaded bottleneck will prevent shelling from working.
What is the use of shell and draft feature?
You can create a fixed edge or fixed plane face draft, a parting line face draft, or a shell. The Draft feature applies a taper to part faces to cant a surface or allow a part to be extracted from a mold. Draft is defined by specified faces, pull direction, angle, and fixed edge or tangent surface.
What is a shell feature?
The Shell feature hollows out the inside of the solid, leaving a shell of a specified wall thickness. It lets you specify a surface or surfaces that you want to remove from the shell. … When defining a shell, you can also select surfaces where you want to assign a different thickness.
How do you intersect in Solidworks?
A similar command to the combine is the intersect, this will create 4 discs where the cylinders intersect with the curved shape. This is located in Insert>Features>Intersect, then select all the bodies to intersect and click which sections are to be removed.
How do you make a taper in Solidworks?
To extrude an entity with a taper angle:
- Click Solids > Draw > Extrude (or type Extrude).
- Specify the type of entities to create. Surface. …
- Specify the entities to extrude and press Enter.
- Specify the Taper angle option.
- Specify the taper angle and press Enter.
- Specify the extrusion height.
How do I create a curved driven pattern in Solidworks?
To create a curve driven pattern:
- Create a part that includes a feature you want to pattern along a curve.
- Click Curve Driven Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Curve Driven Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options.
- Click .
How do you extrude a curved surface in Solidworks?
To extrude a surface:
- Sketch the profile of the surface.
- Click Extruded Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Set the PropertyManager options. Extruded surface using Mid Plane from sketched spline.
- Click OK . Resulting extruded surface.
How do I use the sweep feature in Solidworks?
To create a sweep: Sketch a closed, non-intersecting profile on a plane or a face.
Click one of the following:
- Swept Boss/Base on the Features toolbar or Insert > Boss/Base > Sweep.
- Swept Cut on the Features toolbar or Insert > Cut > Sweep.
- Swept Surface on the Surfaces toolbar or Insert > Surface > Sweep.