How do I edit a mirror in SolidWorks?
To edit a mirror component feature: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click MirrorComponent and click Edit Feature . Make changes in the PropertyManager.
- Add or delete components.
- Change the orientation of copied components.
- Change copied components to opposite-hand versions.
How do you mirror a feature in SolidWorks to delete original?
How to Mirror a Part and Discard the Original in SOLIDWORKS
- If you create an assembly level cut to remove the original component, then you’re left with a cluttered feature tree. …
- I’ll select a face and then go to the insert drop down menu and click mirror part. …
- About the Author.
How do you break a mirror in SolidWorks?
Optionally, if you want to independently edit the features of the mirrored part without affecting the original part, under Link, click Break link to original part. You can also break the link to the original part later by listing the mirrored part’s external references and selecting Break All.
How do you delete something in SolidWorks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do you break the original link in Solidworks?
To break the link from the original part file:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.
Why is mirror part greyed out Solidworks?
If you see that the Mirror Part command is greyed out that is because you should pre-select the mirror face or plane. The Material checkbox in the Mirror Components PropertyManager is selected by default and lets you propagate the material of the mirrored part from the parent part.
How do you delete a solid body in Solidworks?
Click Delete/Keep Body on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Delete/Keep Body. In the PropertyManager, select Delete Bodies or Keep Bodies. For Bodies to keep or Bodies to delete, select bodies in the graphics area or from the Solid Bodies folder for Solid/Surface Bodies to Delete/Keep . Click OK .
Can you mirror a sketch in Solidworks?
Mirroring Sketch Entities as You Sketch Them
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . Symmetry symbols appear at both ends of the line or edge. Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. The entities are mirrored as you sketch them.
Can you flip a part in Solidworks?
In a part, select a face or plane to mirror about, and then click Insert > Mirror Part. See Creating Opposite-Hand Versions of Parts. Mirror an assembly feature. In an assembly, click Assembly Features (Assembly tab on the CommandManager) and click Mirror , or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Mirror.
How do I mirror a part in Solidworks assembly?
Click Mirror Components (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mirror Components. In the PropertyManager, for Selections, select the Mirror plane and the Components to Mirror and click Next . Positions the mirror so that the center of the bounding box for the selected component is mirrored about the mirror plane.
How do you delete Extrude in Solidworks?
Select the end condition. Select a plane to define an extrude direction normal to the plane. To remove the faces defining the extrude from the model after extruding, click Delete original faces.
How do you remove unwanted lines in Solidworks?
To delete: Click the line or text and press the Delete key. To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location.
How do you remove material Extrude in Solidworks?
To use Delete/Keep Body:
- Click Delete/Keep Solid/Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Delete/Keep Body.
- In the PropertyManager, select Delete Bodies or Keep Bodies.