How do I convert SolidWorks to Inventor?
SolidWorks >> Inventor
- To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as…, as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. …
- Under Output as the following options can be selected:
- Solid/Surface geometry: the geometry will be exported as solid and surface bodies.
How do I open sketch files in Inventor?
Import DWG or DXF Files into an Inventor Sketch
- In an active 2D sketch, click ACAD on the Insert panel of the ribbon.
- Navigate to the AutoCAD file that contains the data you want to import and click Open.
What software can open SolidWorks files?
5 Best Free SolidWorks Viewers
- SolidWorks Viewers 101.
- Free IGS Viewer.
- HiCAD Viewer.
- Navisworks Freedom.
Can you open Solidworks file in AutoCAD?
Import the Solidworks file directly into AutoCAD. On the command line in AutoCAD, type IMPORT. … Find and select the Solidworks file and click Open.
Which is better Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks?
While some prefer the user-friendliness of SOLIDWORKS, some find Inventor as a better alternative to suit specific requirements. … That being said, Inventor still has multiple features that come as standard compared to the basic SOLIDWORKS version. Additionally, Inventor has significantly low cost of ownership.
Can you open Sldprt in Inventor?
No it does not directly open from a solidworks file, such as . sldprts, . … However using Inventor 2015 one can export a solidworks model to a STEP file, STEP seems to work better than IGES or Parasolids, and open it directly using Inventor or import it.
Can Inventor open Slddrw files?
SLDDRW file is the solidworks drawing files and it is not supported to be read into Inventor currently.
What file types can Inventor Open?
Autodesk Inventor supports IDW and DWG file types for drawings. Both file types produce identical drawings. IDW files are the native Inventor format. You can open them only in Inventor or Inventor View.
How do you add a sketch in Inventor?
Create a Sketch
Right-click in the browser and choose New Sketch or New 3D Sketch. Click a planar face or work plane of a part and choose New Sketch.
How do you convert 2D to 3D in Inventor?
To Create 3D Inventor Models of 2D DWG Underlay Layouts
- Insert an AutoCAD DWG file as an associative DWG: …
- In a 2D sketch, click a face or work plane to set the sketch plane.
- Click Sketch tab Create panel Project DWG Geometry.
- Select the geometry to project. …
- When done, select Cancel or right-click and select OK.
How do I insert an AutoCAD drawing into an Inventor drawing?
Inserting AutoCAD File into Inventor
- Open AutoCAD and select everything you want to insert into Inventor.
- Right-click –> Copy, or ctrl+c, to copy the sketch.
- Open Inventor, and get into sketch mode, Right-click –> Past, or ctrl+v, to copy the sketch into the Inventor sketch.
Can you open a SolidWorks file without SolidWorks?
SolidWorks offers a free and easy solution for you called eDrawings Viewer. … If you need to review designs on the go and you’re not able to access a computer, eDrawings is also available for download for Android and iOS devices.
Can FreeCAD open SolidWorks files?
FreeCAD can’t modify parametric designs from other programs. Implementing it is essentially equivalent to creating a clone of major part of SolidWorks, so I doubt it’s going to ever happen.
Can I convert an eDrawings to SolidWorks?
Since the eDrawings program is part of the SolidWorks suite, you can easily convert an eDrawings file to a SolidWorks file by using the eDrawings’ main menu.”