There are three different discipline versions of Revit. Each one has tools geared to that particular discipline.
What are disciplines in Revit?
Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Disciplines
Elements from the mechanical, electrical, and piping categories display in the view according to their settings in Object Styles.
How do you add disciplines in Revit?
Do you want to add other Disciplines from the list or you want to create new disciplines? If you want simply to add from the list ,then make a duplicate of a view and change Discipline : Properties>Graphics >Disciplines> choose from the list ….then the category will appear automatically in Project Browser…
How do I organize project browser in Revit?
Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down (Browser Organization). In the Browser Organization dialog, click the tab for the desired list: Views, Sheets, or Schedules. Click New. Enter a name for the organization scheme, and click OK.
How do you categorize views in Revit?
Sort Views or Sheets in the Project Browser
- Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down Browser Organization.
- In the Browser Organization dialog, click the Views tab to apply a sort to project views, or click the Sheets tab to apply a sort to sheets.
- Select a sort group. …
- Click Apply, then click OK.
How do I change the view type in Revit?
Open a view for which you want to create a view type, or click the view name in the Project Browser. In the Properties palette, click Edit Type. In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate. Enter a name for the new view type and click OK.
How do you organize a sheet with discipline in Revit?
On the Fields tab, add the Designed By field. On the Sorting/Grouping tab, select to sort by the Designed By field and then the Sheet Number. This sorting logic will group the sheets by discipline and then in ascending numerical order.
What is the purpose of project Browser Revit?
The Project Browser shows a logical hierarchy for all views, schedules, sheets, groups, and other parts of the current project. As you expand and collapse each branch, lower-level items display.
How do you categorize sheets in Revit?
On the Properties palette, for Fields, click Edit. Add a custom field named Sheet Order, as follows: On the Fields tab of the Sheet List Properties dialog, click Add Parameter.
Organize a Sheet List
- Click the Sorting/Grouping tab.
- For Sort by, select Sheet Order. Make sure that Ascending is selected.
- Click OK.
How do I sort drafting views in Revit?
About Organizing Views
- Tile views, and drag tabs from one tile to another.
- Dock tabs in place in the drawing area.
- Drag a tab out of the Revit application window and move the view to another monitor.
- To close all views except for the active view in each tile, click Close Inactive Views .