How can you turn a temporary dimension into a permanent dimension?
You can convert temporary dimensions to permanent dimensions so they always appear in a drawing.
- Select an element in the drawing area.
- Click the dimension symbol that appears near the temporary dimension.
Why are my dimensions not showing up in Revit?
Causes: This can occur for multiple reasons: Multiple elements are selected. If it takes more than 200 milliseconds for Revit to calculate the temporary dimensions, when selecting an element, then to maintain good performance Revit will abort this calculation and the temporary dimensions will not be displayed.
How do you turn off temporary dimensions in Revit?
Can Temporary Dimensions be turned off and on with a setting. No – you cannot turn off temp dimensions. They are there to help you model as you go.
How do you show dimensions in Revit?
Click Annotate tab -> Dimension panel -> Linear. 2. Place the cursor at a reference point on an element, such as a wall or a line, or at the intersection of references, such as a join between 2 walls. The reference point highlights if you can place the dimension there.
How do I change dimension in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
Can the Defines Slope setting be changed after the roof is finished?
The Defines slope setting can be changed after the roof is “finished.”
What do you use to get a view into a sheet?
To add a view to the sheet, use one of the following methods:
- In the Project Browser, expand the list of views, locate the view, and drag it onto the sheet.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Place View). In the Views dialog, select a view, and click Add View to Sheet.
How can you bring schedules from other projects into a current project?
Use a Schedule in Another Model
- Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File.
- Select a Revit project that contains the views to insert, and click Open. …
- Select the views to display from the list.
- Check the views you would like to insert, and click OK.
In what views will detail lines show in a model?
Detail lines are visible only in the view in which they are drawn. Often they are drawn over the model view. You can convert detail lines to model lines.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.
How do you split dimensions in Revit?
On the Toolbar, click the Split icon. Split the line into the number of segments required (they do not need to be equally spaced at this point). On the Basics or Drafting tab of the Design bar, click the Dimension tool. On the Options bar, click the Linear button for dimensioning.