How do I add a subassembly to assembly in Civil 3D?
Add a lane subassembly
If the Tool Palette containing the subassemblies is not visible, click Home tab >> Palettes panel >> Tool Palettes . In the tool palette, right-click the Tool Palettes control bar. Click Civil Metric Subassemblies. Click the Lanes tab.
How do I add a subassembly to an assembly?
To insert a new subassembly: Do one of the following: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click either the top-level assembly icon or the icon for an existing subassembly, and select Insert New Subassembly. Click New Assembly (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Assembly.
How do I change the datum in Civil 3D?
How do I change point elevation in Civil 3d?
- Open the Prospector tab in Civil 3D.
- Right-click Points or Point Group. Click Edit Points.
- Press CTRL+A to select all of the points, or select them individually.
- Right-click the selection of points. Click Datum.
- When prompted, enter the desired change in elevation.
How do you edit an assembly in Civil 3D?
Error loading video source.
- Open the Parts Editor to the Parts tab.
- Select an Assembly in the Navigation Panel and right-click.
- Click New.
- The new assembly appears in the Navigation Panel with a generic name.
- In the Base Parts tab, give the new assembly a unique name.
- Review the Base Parts tab.
How do you open a subassembly composer in Civil 3D?
- Run the Civil 3D installer (setup.exe).
- In the installation window, under Install>Configure Installation, expand the drop-down arrow to access the settings of the installation.
- Select the box for Autodesk Subassembly Composer.
- Click the arrow again to close the section.
- Proceed with the installation.
How do I create assembly in Civil 3D 2019?
To create an assembly
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Assembly drop-down Create Assembly Find.
- In the Create Assembly dialog box, in the Name field, enter a name for the assembly. …
- For Description, enter an optional description of the assembly.
How do I add a new part in Solidworks assembly?
Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part. For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save. Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ). Editing focus changes to the new part and a sketch opens in the new part.
How do you raise a point group in Civil 3D?
To Raise or Lower the Elevations of an Entire Point Group:
In Civil 3D → Toolspace → Prospector Tab → Expand Point Groups by clicking on the plus sign (+). Right click on the point group you would like to raise or lower.
How do you set elevations in Civil 3D?
To Set Feature Line Elevations From a Surface
- Click Modify tab Edit Elevations panel Elevations From Surface Find.
- In the Set Elevations From Surface dialog box, select a surface.
- Select the Insert Intermediate Grade Break Points check box to insert intermediate grade breaks where the entity crosses surface TIN lines.
How do you edit a subassembly?
Modifying a Subassembly
You can edit the assembly structure by moving components up or down in the hierarchy, or to a different branch of the hierarchy. There are two ways to do this: Drag and drop the components to move them from one assembly to another. Click Tools > Reorganize Components.
How do you edit an assembly in AutoCAD?
To Set or Modify the Assembly Properties of a Drawing (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- Click Annotate tab BOM panel Part Reference drop-down Edit. Find.
- At the command prompt, enter A for the Assembly Properties option.
- Specify the desired component properties in the appropriate boxes.
- Click OK until all dialog boxes close.