How do you scale up an object?
To scale an object:
- Select the object to scale.
- Select Modify > Scale Objects.
- If specifying the scale factor interactively with the Symmetric by Distance option, click the button next to Current Distance to switch temporarily to the drawing.
What is the scale tool in Sketchup?
The scale tool is a great function in Sketchup, allowing quick resizing of objects while retaining proportions. Most of us use the scale tool on groups and components, but you can also scale anything in Sketchup, including any number of entities in a selection.
Which transformation is used to change the size of an object?
To change the size of an object, scaling transformation is used. In the scaling process, you either expand or compress the dimensions of the object. Scaling can be achieved by multiplying the original coordinates of the object with the scaling factor to get the desired result.
What does it mean to scale an object?
Scaling an object means multiplying every linear dimension of it by the same factor. Thus you change the size of the object, but not its shape.
How do you make an object smaller in Vectorworks?
To resize an object:
- Select the object or objects to change.
- Click the Fixed Point Resize tool from the Basic palette.
- Click the point in the drawing to serve as the fulcrum.
- Click an object edge and drag the object into its new size, shape, and/or location.
How do you enter dimensions?
The first dimension to measure is length. Length is always the longest side of the box that has a flap. The next dimension is width. The width side also has a flap, but is always the side shorter than the length.