What is Draft view in Revit?
In a drafting view, you create details at differing view scales (coarse, medium, or fine) and use 2D detailing tools: detail lines, detail regions, detail components, insulation, reference planes, dimensions, symbols, and text. These are the exact same tools used in creating a detail view.
How do I export a drafting view in Revit?
Save Drafting Views to an External Project
- Select a drafting view in the Project Browser.
- Right-click the view name, and click Save to New File.
- Enter a new name for the project. This creates a new Revit project file that contains the selected view and the contents of that view.
How do you create a draft?
Create a Drafting View
- Click View tab Create panel (Drafting View).
- In the New Drafting View dialog, enter a value for Name, and select a value for Scale. …
- Click OK. …
- In the Project Browser, expand Drafting Views to see the newly created drafting view listed.
Can you open DWG file in Revit?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model.
How do I copy information from one Revit model to another?
Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
Can you convert CAD to Revit?
Open a Revit model, and use the Import CAD tool to import vector data from other CAD programs. If you want to import 3D geometry using SAT or 3DM files, see Import a 3D Shape. In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type. …
Can you copy drafting views between projects Revit?
You can reuse a drafting view from one Revit project in another Revit project, thus reducing rework. … In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open. The Insert Views dialog opens, which displays views that are saved in the project. From the list, select an option for views to display.
How do I save details in Revit?
To save a single view, in the Project Browser, right-click the view and click Save to New File. Navigate to the desired location, enter a file name, and click Save. To save several views from the project, select File tab Save As Library View. In the Save Views dialog, select the views to save, and click OK.
How do I import 3D view in Revit?
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.
How do I save an elevation view in Revit?
Create an Elevation View
- Open a plan view.
- Click View tab Create panel Elevation drop-down (Elevation). …
- (Optional) In the Type Selector, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type.
- Place the cursor near a wall, and click to place the elevation symbol.