Where do we edit type properties in Revit?
Click Modify tab Properties panel (Type Properties). On the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
How do you use property lines in Revit?
Open a site plan view. Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Property Line).
Create Property Lines
- In the Create Property Line dialog, select Create by sketching.
- Click (Pick Lines) or other sketch tools to sketch lines.
- Sketch the property lines. Lines should form a closed loop.
How do you add a tag to a property line in Revit?
You can tag property lines that can report square footage or acreage. Load the tags from the Annotations > Civil folder of the Revit family library. The tags are Property Tag – Acres.
How do I get my property box back in Revit?
My properties window has disappeared, how do I get it back? Right-click and select Properties from the right-click window, or from the Ribbon View (Tab) > Window > User Interface > tick on Properties.
How do I get my type selector back in Revit?
Accessing the Type Selector
To make the Type Selector available when the Properties palette is closed, right-click the Type Selector, and click Add to Quick Access Toolbar. To make the Type Selector available on the Modify tab, right-click it on the Properties palette, and click Add to Ribbon Modify Tab.
How do I change the thickness of a property line in Revit?
To edit the linetype of property lines in Revit. Navigate to Manage Tab > Settings Toolset > Object Styles and finally, it is found under the Site category. Here you can change the thickness of the line and also the colour.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.
How do you draw a boundary line in Revit?
Create Area Boundaries
- Open an area plan view. Area plan views are listed in the Project Browser under Area Plans. See Area Plans.
- Click Architecture tab Room & Area panel Area drop-down (Area Boundary Line).
- Draw or pick the area boundaries. (Use Pick Lines to apply area rules.)
What is site boundary?
Site boundary means that line beyond which the land or property is not owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by the regulated entity. … Means a line within which the land is owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by the licensee.
How do you add a bearing in Revit?
Revit aligns the survey data with True North.
- In the Create Property Lines dialog, select Create by entering distances and bearings.
- In the Property Lines dialog, click Insert, and add the distances and bearings from your survey data.
- (Optional) Describe a property line as an arc. …
- Insert additional lines as needed.
How do I create a project north in Revit?
Click Manage tab Project Location panel Position drop-down (Rotate True North). Specify the direction of True North using one of the following methods: On the Options Bar, for Angle from Project to True North, enter a value to set the angle of rotation.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.