How do you create a sample line group in Civil 3D?
Create sample lines
- Open Sections-Sample–Lines–Create. …
- Click Home tab >> Profile & Section Views panel >> Sample Lines .
- At the Select An Alignment prompt, press Enter.
- In the Select Alignment dialog box, select Centerline (1).
How do you create multiple sections in Civil 3D?
- Corridor Section Properties Dialog Box.
- Create/Edit Sample Line Group Dialog Box.
- Create Multiple Section Views Wizard. General Page (Create Multiple Section Views Wizard) …
- Create Sample Lines – By Station Range Dialog Box.
- Create Sample Lines – From Corridor Stations Dialog Box.
How do you edit sample lines in Civil 3D?
In the drawing, click the sample line you want to edit. Click Sample Line tab Modify panel Edit Sample Line Find. Note that the Edit Sample Line dialog box and Sample Line Tools toolbar are both displayed.
How do you draw a section in Civil 3D?
To create multiple quick cross sections along a baseline
- In the Toolspace, on the Toolbox tab, expand Miscellaneous Utilities Surfaces. …
- When prompted for an option, enter Multiple.
- In the drawing, pick points to draw a baseline.
- Press Enter to finish drawing.
- Enter a sampling interval.
- Enter a left swath width.
What is multiple section?
The multiple section views are created from existing sections, which represent sectional data at the stations along the alignment. You can also display data bands above or below each of the multiple section views.
What is Sample Line?
A method of sampling in a geographical area. Lines are drawn across the area and all members of the population falling on the line, or intersected by it, are included in the sample. If the lines are straight parallels equally spaced across the area concerned, then the sampling becomes one form of systematic sampling.
What are sample line groups?
In Civil 3D, section data is defined and displayed using sample lines grouped in a collection called a sample line group. The Civil 3d sample line creation wizard allows us to create cross-sections. We can create them at given intervals, and at a specified left and right distance from the alignment centerline.
Why are sample lines taken?
The sample line is used to identify the location (and width) of the section view and the data displayed within it. Once created, section views maintain a dynamic link to their respective sample lines. For this reason, if a sample line is moved, its section view will update accordingly.
How do you reverse a sample line in Civil 3D?
You can simply select all the sample line labels by Ctrl one by one then flip them and as I understood, you desire to renumber the sample line labels as well .
How do I change the chainage interval in Civil 3D?
In the drawing, click the corridor, then right-click and click Corridor Properties. In the Corridor Properties dialog box, click the Parameters tab.
Changing Chainage Frequency
- Along straights. …
- Along curves. …
- Along transitions. …
- Along profile curves. …
- At specific points.