How do you break a line in Revit?
Break a Section Line
- Click the break control ( ) and adjust the length of the section line segments.
- To rejoin the section line, click the break control again. Note: A break in a section line is view-specific. It affects the display of the section only in the view where the break was made.
How do you break an elevation line in Revit?
To do this, select the elevation line, in the Ribbon select the Split Segments tool and pick the elevation line where you would like to split the line, then move the split segment to the desired location.
How do you break a section to fit on a sheet in Revit?
You can break section lines by clicking the break control and adjusting the length of the section line segments. The section break is in the middle of the section line. The following images show the same section, whole and broken. To rejoin the section line, click the break control again.
How do you use plan regions in Revit?
Create a Plan Region
- Open a plan view.
- Click View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down (Plan Region).
- Sketch a closed loop using lines, rectangles, or polygons.
- On the Properties palette, for View Range, click Edit.
- In the View Range dialog, specify the primary range and view depth.
What is section line in architecture?
1 : the boundary line of a section in surveying or land distribution in eastern Ohio … roads followed section lines— R. H. Brown. 2 : one of a series of thin parallel lines placed on the cut surfaces of section views (as in an architectural drawing)
How do you cut a staggered section in Revit?
Staggering a Section view in Revit
- Simply select the section line and access the split segment tool orthogonally moving parts of the section cut line to include or exclude objects from being shown in the section view.
- Drag the handles of the clipping extents if necessary, to control the section view extents.