How do I get topography from Google Earth to SketchUp?
Simply go back to to File>Geo-location>Add Imagery to expand your site with additional imagery. Lastly, to toggle the 3d site terrain on and off go to File>Geo-location>Show Terrain. If you found this sketchup tutorial on how to import a google map with terrain helpful please like and share it. Until next time.
How do I import contours into SketchUp?
- In your CAD drawing, use the LAYISO command to isolate your contour layers. First, type LAYISO in the Command line. …
- Use the WBLOCK command to save the contour lines into into their own . …
- In SketchUp, open the File menu and select Import.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the contour lines drawing.
How do I export contour from Google Earth?
Create your map with a specified coordinate system, color and transparency, ready for export to Google Earth.
- Click File | Export.
- Give the file a name, change the Save as type to KML Google Earth KML, and click Save.
- Click OK in the Export Options dialog and the KML file is created.
- Open Google Earth.
Can you import Google Earth into SketchUp free?
Since SketchUp was owned by Google and initially used to crowdsource their Google Earth modeling, there are powerful, easy to use tools built into SketchUp to help both import maps into your models and also to geolocate models in Google Earth. … Type in the location you’d like to import maps from into your model.
Can you import topography into SketchUp?
Does the terrain that you want to model exist somewhere outside your imagination and in digital form? Hurrah! You can just import it!
How do I import a KMZ file into SketchUp?
Exporting KMZ Files for Google Earth
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your KMZ file.
- From the Export TypeSave as type drop-down list, select Google Earth File (*. …
- (Optional) In the File Name box, type a new name for your file.
- Click the Options button.
How do I import a KML file into SketchUp?
How to Import KML Files Into Google SketchUp
- Launch your Web browser and navigate to your preferred file hosting service. …
- Upload the KML files that you want to import into Google SketchUp. …
- Log in to your Google SketchUp account. …
- Click “Add KML Overlay” in the bottom left-hand corner of the Building Maker screen.
How do I import a geolocation into SketchUp?
How to Geo-Locate Your Google SketchUp Model
- Make sure you’re online.
- Open the SketchUp file you want to geo-locate.
- Choose File, Geo-Location, Add Location from the menu bar.
- Find the area where you want your model to be located. …
- Click the Select Region button to display a cropping rectangle.
How do I convert Google Earth to AutoCAD?
Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Open Google Earth and create a placemark, path or polygon, or simply load an existing KML/KMZ file. …
- Step 2: Right-click on the polygon, and select “Copy” …
- Step 3: Open your AutoCAD drawing, right-click and select “Clipboard” → Paste, or simply press Ctrl-V.
Can you see contours on Google Earth?
This KML network link displays a map overlay for USGS Contours (http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/) in Google Earth. To get started, simply download usgs-contours-overlay-for-google-earth.