Navigate to view at the top of the screen, then select the toolbars option. Go down and check the box labeled “Google,” and select the close option at the bottom of the screen. This will pop up a window showing a Google map and a search bar. Type in the location you’d like to import maps from into your model.
How do I import topography from Google Earth to SketchUp?
Simply go back to to File>Geo-location>Add Imagery to expand your site with additional imagery. Lastly, to toggle the 3d site terrain on and off go to File>Geo-location>Show Terrain. If you found this sketchup tutorial on how to import a google map with terrain helpful please like and share it. Until next time.
How do I import a KMZ file into SketchUp?
To export a KMZ file, follow these steps:
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your KMZ file.
- From the Export TypeSave as type drop-down list, select Google Earth File (*. …
- (Optional) In the File Name box, type a new name for your file.
- Click the Options button.
Can you export Google Earth to SketchUp?
When your model is ready, you can preview your model in Google Earth by easily exporting to KMZ from SketchUp and then opening your KMZ file in Google Earth. Of course, all this assumes you have Google Earth installed on your computer.
How do I import a KML file into SketchUp?
How to Import KML Files Into Google SketchUp
- Launch your Web browser and navigate to your preferred file hosting service. …
- Upload the KML files that you want to import into Google SketchUp. …
- Log in to your Google SketchUp account. …
- Click “Add KML Overlay” in the bottom left-hand corner of the Building Maker screen.
How do I import CAD topography into SketchUp?
Importing AutoCAD Civil Topography DWGs into SketchUp Pro…
- Analyze the the file you are trying to import. …
- Import the file into SketchUp. …
- Prepare the imported contours to be “Meshed”, This step is optional but it does save time and a possible frozen computer ( I suppose a good computer can fix that too)
Can I import KMZ into Google Maps?
If you have a KML or KMZ file from an older version of Google Earth, you can open it in Google Earth. At the top, tap Open. To add a file directly from your device, tap Import KML File.
How do I import a KML file?
How to import a KML into Google Maps?
- Open Google My Maps.
- Create a new map.
- Press import into the upper left corner.
- Now open the KML file. Or drag the KML file into the import window.
- You did it! You have successfully imported a KML into Google Maps.
Can I import GPX into Google Maps?
All you have to do is upload your GPX file, select Google Maps as the output format, and then select Map it. In seconds, you’ll have a KML file available. After your file is converted, download it and follow the steps for uploading a file to Google Maps as detailed above.