How do you edit extrude in Solidworks?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do you change the size of an extrusion?
Right click on the Sketch for the extrusion in the Design Explorer and select Edit. You should also be able to double click on the surface of either extrusion to open the sketch in edit mode. You can then edit the diameter dimension then update the part.
How do you edit extrudes?
Edit an Extrusion
- In the drawing area, select the extrusion.
- If you are in the project environment: …
- Click Modify | Extrusion tab Mode panel (Edit Extrusion).
- If desired, modify the extrusion profile.
- On the Properties palette, change the visibility, material, or subcategory of the extrusion, if desired.
How do I extend extrusion in Solidworks?
To extend a surface:
- Click Extended Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extend.
- In the PropertyManager: Under Edges/Faces to Extend, select one or more edges or faces in the graphics area for Selected Face/Edges . For edges, the surface extends along the plane of the edge. …
- Click .
What is the function of extruded cut?
About an Extruded Cut. You can use the Extrude tool to remove material by projecting a sketched section normal to the sketching plane. You can use open or closed sections to create a cut. Removing material using a closed section creates a slot.
How do you cut an extrusion?
Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. The profile can contain more than one closed contour. Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
How do I change the depth of extrusion in Solidworks?
To change the depth of the feature, type a new value in the Depth box, or use the arrows to change the value. Modify Draft. To remove drafts from the feature, select the Modify Draft check box. Make sure the Extrude with Draft check box is cleared.
How do you cut in Solidworks 2020?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
Can we extrude the sketch in both direction yes or no?
To extrude in both directions from the sketch plane in the PropertyManager, under Direction 1, select Through All – Both Directions. To extrude as a thin feature, set the PropertyManager options in Thin Feature.