How do you make a dynamic spring in Solidworks?
After making this sketch, click on “Swept Boss/Base” under the features tab. Use the circle as the profile and the line as the path. Under options in the sweep feature, pick twist along path as the orientation/twist type and define by: turns, pick the number of turns, click the green check, and now you have a spring.
How do you find the pitch of a spring?
- Be sure that the spring isn’t under tension or loaded. If it is, then you won’t be able to measure the pitch accurately.
- Find the distance between two of the active coils. Write it down or remember it.
- Note the outer diameter of the coil wire.
- Add the two values to determine the spring pitch.
How do you cad a spring?
To Insert a Compression Spring (AutoCAD Mechanical)
- Click Content tab Calculation panel Springs drop-down Compression. …
- In the Select Compression Spring dialog box, select a Catalog or Standard.
- Select Front View or Sectional View.
- Click to specify the starting point.
- Click to specify the direction.