How do I get section modulus in Solidworks?
Performing Beam Calculations
- Click Beam Calculator (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Beam Calculator .
- In the Beam Calculator dialog box, select a Load Type.
- Under Type of Calculation, select Deflection or Stress. …
- Select a beam: …
- Select an Axis to determine the value for Moment of inertia or Section modulus.
How do you cut a section in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do you assign mass properties in Solidworks?
Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. The calculated mass properties appear in the dialog box. If an assembly contains components with overridden mass properties, those components are listed at the bottom of the Mass Properties dialog box.
Where is properties in Solidworks?
Left click File → Properties to open the summary information window and attach information to a part document.
How does solidworks calculate deflection?
You can perform deflection and stress calculations on structural steel cross sections. Click Beam Calculator (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Beam Calculator . In the Beam Calculator dialog box, select a Load Type. Under Type of Calculation, select Deflection or Stress.
What is a section view?
What is a section view? A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. … The unwanted portion is mentally discarded exposing the interior construction.
How do you freely move a section view in SolidWorks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
Is mass the same as weight in Solidworks?
Viewing Mass Properties
This mass properties button is in the same location in an assembly file. However, it’s the weight of the entire assembly that is calculated when the mass properties are calculated in an assembly.
How does solidworks calculate mass?
The mass properties of a part or assembly can be found by going to the evaluate tab and clicking on the icon labeled Mass Properties. The mass properties of a part/assembly can also be found by going to Tools>Evaluate>Mass Properties as shown below.
How do you save properties in Solidworks?
Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options. On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. Only options on the Document Properties tab are saved in a document template.
How do you copy a custom property in Solidworks?
How to Copy SOLIDWORKS Custom Properties to Other Files
- Open the Custom Properties dialog Box:
- With the dialog box open, use Windows selection tools to select one, some, or all properties.
- Use the Windows keyboard shortcut for copying, CTRL + C.
- Close the Custom Properties dialog box.
- Open the target file.
How do I change properties in Solidworks?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit Custom Property List dialog box shows a list of properties.
- In the list, you can add or delete properties, or move the properties up or down.