How do you edit a floor profile in Revit?
Edit a Floor Sketch
- In a plan view, double-click the floor, or select the floor and click Modify | Floors tab Mode panel Edit Boundary. Watch the tooltip and the status bar to be sure you select the floor, not another element. …
- Use sketching tools to change the boundaries of the floor.
- Click Finish Edit Mode.
How do I create a profile in Revit 2020?
Create a Profile Family
- Click File tab New Family.
- In the New Family – Select Template File dialog, select a profile template, and click Open. …
- If necessary, sketch reference planes for constraining the lines in the profile.
- Click Create tab Detail panel (Line), and sketch the profile loop.
How do you change the thickness of a floor in Revit?
- Select the floor or roof.
- On the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the value box of the Structure property, click Edit.
- In the Edit Assembly dialog, specify the material for layers and the thickness of those layers. …
- Next to the desired layer of the roof or floor in the assembly, select the variable check box.
How do you select floors in Revit?
In a plan view, select the floor, and click Modify | Floors tab Mode panel Edit Boundary. Watch the tooltip and the status bar to be sure you select the floor, not another element. If desired, you can use a filter to select the floor. See Selecting Elements Using a Filter.
How do you create a family in Revit 2020?
Create a Family from a Template
- Click File tab New Family. …
- Optionally, to preview a template, select it. …
- Select the family template that you want to use, and click Open. …
- In the Project Browser, notice the list of family views. …
- Click File tab Save As Family.
Where is create tab in Revit?
The Create Tab is only visible when working with Family Editor tools. You must be editing a family in order to have access to the tools on the Create Tab.
- On the ribbon, click (Model In-Place). …
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select the family category, and click OK.