Importing. Along with our Revit and BIM 360 integration (see below) we support the following 3D filetypes: FBX, OBJ, 3DS, glTF, GLB, DAE, STL, and SKP.
Can Revit Open 3DS files?
Export the desired 3DS Max file (MAX) as either a DWG, DXF or ADSK file. Revit does not allow for MAX files to be directly imported. You will need to convert the file into a file type that is allowed by exporting the file.
Can Revit Open OBJ files?
You can import OBJ in FormIt, save as FormIt file, then Import in Revit.
Can you import Civil 3D into Revit?
Revit is not able to read Civil surfaces directly. You will have to export your Civil 3D drawing to standard AutoCAD format (EXPORTTOAUTOCAD) in order to do this. It is recommended to simplify a copy of the original Civil drawing before exporting it to AutoCAD with only the minimum objects required to bring into Revit.
How do I import a Revit model?
Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type. Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. Tip: Make sure you import the geometric data needed for the Revit capability that you plan to use.
How do I import into Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
Can I open FBX file in Revit?
Can I open FBX file in Revit? Click Modify. File menu > Import > Link Revit or Link FBX > Manage Links dialog > Files tab > Highlight an RVT file or an FBX file. >
How do you convert Max to Revit?
Follow instructions about importing 3ds Max data in Revit by converting it into a Revit family:
- Save the 3ds Max elements as a DWG file.
- Optionally, open the DWG file in AutoCAD and assign additional layers to the individual elements.
- Open a Revit family template.
- Go to the Insert tab and select Import CAD.
How do I export OBJ from Revit?
How to get it and use it ?
- Download the plugin and install it.
- Run Revit and Load a model.
- Open Add-Ins Ribbon-Tab and find SimLab obj Exporter section as shown in the image below.
- Click on Settings to open the settings panel that contains export settings and licensing information.
What file formats can be imported into Revit?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
What is the difference between Civil 3D and Revit?
In C3D we have custom civil objects such as surfaces, alignments, profiles, corridors, etc. that dynamically interact with each other and can be edited parametrically. Revit has custom architectural objects such as walls, doors and windows that behave in a similar manner.
How do I import an XML file into Revit?
Inside of Revit, a Site Designer plugin will appear in the ribbon at the top. Select that tab, and select Import LandXML file on the left. Now, the Import LandXML dialog box will appear. Select the file to import by using the “…” and choose the positioning system.
How do I export a Civil 3D pipe to Revit?
For a Civil 3D drawing with Pipe Networks
- In Civil 3D, open the drawing.
- Set the drawing in a 3D view.
- In the Prospector tree, expand the Pipe Networks category.
- Right click on the desired pipe network and select it.