How do you make a component virtual in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Make Virtual. Under Part/Assembly to Insert, select or browse to a component and click to place it in the graphics area. The software warns you that making a component virtual breaks the link to the external file.
How do I save virtual components as standard parts?
Right-click a virtual component and select Save Part(in External File) or Save Assembly(in External File).
How do you make a drawing from a part in Solidworks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
How do I hide a component in Solidworks drawing?
To show or hide a component from the shortcut menu: Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component.
Where is a part used in Solidworks?
To find where a document is used:
- Select the document in the File Explorer tab in the left pane.
- Select the Where Used tab in right pane. Information about referenced documents appears in the following columns: Document. Lists the document names. Full path. Size. Type.
How do you make a part independent in Solidworks?
In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent . In the dialog box, click OK when asked to save the component with a new name.
What are display states in Solidworks?
Display states define different combinations of display settings for each component in an assembly or each feature or body in a part.
How does solidworks store parts?
SOLIDWORKS saves your virtual components in a temporary folder somewhere on your pc. When you save the assembly, the virtual models are stored inside the assembly. SOLIDWORKS then also deletes the files in the temporary folder. When you close the assembly, you close all virtual components as well.
Can you save an assembly as a part in Solidworks?
With your top level assembly open, left click on a sub-assembly that you would like to save as a part and chose Open Subassembly. 2. With the sub-assembly open click File, Save as. Chose the option to Save as when prompted.
How do you exploded view into drawing in Solidworks?
In the drawing:
- Insert a model view of the assembly using the orientation needed for the exploded view. For details, see Model View.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties.
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, under Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .