Does SolidWorks support OBJ file?
With SOLIDWORKS 2017 you now have the options of open STL, OBJ, OFF, PLY, 3mf, and WRL with core SOLIDWORKS. To import mesh files: … Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
How do I edit an OBJ file in SolidWorks?
How to Convert OBJ to Solidworks
- Open the SolidWorks software. …
- Select the “OBJ” file extension from the drop-down menu. …
- Wait for SolidWorks to convert the OBJ format to SolidWorks. …
- Click on the “Yes” button when the “Do you wish to run Import Diagnostics on this part?” window in SolidWorks appears.
How do I convert assembly to OBJ in SolidWorks?
how to convert solidworks file to obj ?
- open solidworks file and save as STL.
- select and open STL file.
- click ok.
- click file and Export Mesh as.
- 1-choose OBJ. 2- save.
How do I run an OBJ file in SolidWorks?
To import mesh files:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select Mesh Files (*. stl, *. obj;*. off;*. …
- Browse to a file to open.
- Click Options.
- In the dialog box, set Import as to one of the following and click OK. Graphics Body. Solid Body. …
- Click Open. The file is imported.
How do I convert STL to OBJ?
How to Convert STL to OBJ with Spin 3D Mesh Converter Software
- Download Spin 3D Mesh Converter Software. Download Spin 3D Mesh Converter Software. …
- Import STL Files into the Program. …
- Choose an Output Folder. …
- Set the Output Format. …
- Convert STL to OBJ.
How do I edit an import file in Solidworks?
Editing Imported Features
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature created from the imported document, and select Edit Feature. …
- In the Files of type list, select the desired format.
- Browse to select the desired file to import. …
- Select the Match faces and edges check box, if desired. …
- Click Open.
How do I edit a mesh in Solidworks?
To edit meshes:
- Do one of the following: Click Mesh Edit scanTo3D toolbar). Click Tools > ScanTo3D > Mesh Edit. Right-click the mesh feature in the FeatureManager design tree and select Mesh Edit.
- In the PropertyManager: Select a Manipulation Method. Set the options. …
- Click .
What is Obj format for 3D model?
The OBJ file format is a simple data-format that represents 3D geometry alone — namely, the position of each vertex, the UV position of each texture coordinate vertex, vertex normals, and the faces that make each polygon defined as a list of vertices, and texture vertices.
Is there a free version of SolidWorks?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
How do I convert IGS to OBJ?
How to convert IGS to OBJ?
- Click the «Choose files» button and select the IGS files you want to convert to OBJ.
- Select «OBJ» as the target format. Click «Convert» to start converting IGS to OBJ. It only takes a few seconds.
- Done! Your IGS file has been converted to OBJ format. You can download it to your device.
How do I export a 3D model?
Collada Collada Zipped
- Choose what you want to export. …
- Choose File > Export > Export to File… in the menu.
- Set the Export option to 3D Model.
- Set the Format option to Collada (*. …
- Choose what you want to export: an object, floor, or the entire project.
- Set up the export options. …
- Type a file name and click Save.