How do I add a drawing template in Solidworks?
Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New. Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing. Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options. On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK.
How do I edit a drawing in Solidworks?
To edit a sketch:
- Right-click one of the following: The sketch in the FeatureManager design tree. A feature built from the sketch, either in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- Select Edit Sketch .
- To close the sketch when you are finished editing, right-click in the sketch and select Exit Sketch.
Where are Solidworks drawing templates saved?
Default File Locations
|File Type||Default Location|
|Document Templates 1||C:ProgramDataSOLIDWORKSSOLIDWORKS version templates|
|Document Templates 2||C:Program FilesSOLIDWORKS CorpSOLIDWORKSlangenglishTutorial|
|Bend Table Template||C:Program FilesSOLIDWORKS CorpSOLIDWORKSlangenglish|
How do you save a custom drawing template in Solidworks?
Creating a Template
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options. …
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. …
- Click File > Save As.
What are drawing templates?
A drawing template file is a drawing file that has been saved with a . dwt file extension, and it specifies the styles, settings, and layouts in a drawing, including title blocks. The default drawing template files are provided as samples.
How do I edit a border in Solidworks?
To use the Automatic Border tool:
- In a drawing, click Edit Sheet Format (Sheet Format toolbar).
- Click Automatic Border (Sheet Format toolbar).
- Set options: On the first page of the Automatic Border PropertyManager, select items to delete from the sheet’s format. …
- Click .
How do I edit a title block in Solidworks?
Defining or Editing Title Blocks
- On the Sheet Format toolbar, click Edit Sheet Format , then click Title Block Fields .
- On the Sheet Format CommandManager, click Edit Sheet Format , then click Title Block Fields .
- In the FeatureManager design tree of a drawing, right-click Sheet Format and click Edit Sheet Format .
How do you exit a sheet format in Solidworks?
Right click the sheet, either in display or in the tree. Click “Edit Sheet”. Even though you are already editing sheet format, selecting “Edit Sheet” from menu will then exit editing sheet format.
What is the default destination folder of templates?
By default, user templates files are stored in the following location: In Windows XP: Documents and Settings<user name>Application DataMicrosoftTemplates. In Windows Vista or Windows 7: Users<user name>AppDataRoamingMicrosoftTemplates.