In preparation for the holidays I printed some Star Wars Storm-trooper Snowflake ornaments.
You can find the model I used for this project here.
I printed them 2 at a time in white PLA. 2 for the office and 2 for our tree at home. It was a nice easy print and a fun and festive addition. Wow, typing that sentence I was apparently channeling some Martha Stewart. 😉
Happy Holidays and I look forward to even more maker projects in the new year.
With Halloween fast approaching I figured it was time to add some 3D printed decorations to the office.
Below are some of my pics for fun Halloween themed prints. I tried to pick some models that demonstrate varied printing techniques.
#1 The Ghost Emoji
This model is a quick print and can easily be adhered to a smooth surface with some double sided tape.
Printed in ‘Glow in the Dark’ Green PLA from eSun you can find the model for it on Thingiverse here.
#2 Trick or Treat Sign
Printed in lime green PLA from MatterHackers at 125% to have better/cleaner details compared to the same details on the original model listing which can be found on Thingiverse here.
#3 Glow In The Dark Haunted Graveyard
This fun little diorama took a little more work to create but was interesting to put together. The green terrain was printed in green nGen filament. The gravestones are dark gray nGen. The ghosts and glass are ‘Glow in the Dark’ Green PLA.
I used some short lengths of 22 gauge solid core wire with black insulation to affix the ghosts and give some ability to change their angles etc via bending. I also used CA glue to attach the stones to the base and to lock the wire into the holes in the stones and the holes in the ghosts.
You can download the model for this 3D scene from Thingiverse here.
This print was a great way to experiment with 2 color prints. I set Cura to pause at a given height, swapped the red nGen filament out for some white nGen filament and resumed the print. Now I have one logo for the old movies and one for the new release.
I printed a remix of the Makies Jack-O-Lantern that allowed me to have a different color peduncle and snap off lid. The body of the pumpkin was printed in nGen orange and the peduncle is in nGen green.
You can find the model for this project on Thingiverse here.
If you print any of the above models make sure to post them on Thingiverse and/or in the comments section below. Also let us know if you have some other Halloween themed models that would be fun to print and experiment with.
Electronics, Maker Projects, 3D Printing, Social Learning