Drape tool: This tool enables you to transfer edges from a face onto your terrain, so that the edges follow your terrain’s curves.
How do I add terrain to SketchUp?
If you prefer to to start modeling terrain from a flat, rectangular TIN, you draw the shape with the Sandbox From Scratch tool:
- Select the Sandbox From Scratch tool ( ) on the Sandbox toolbar, or select Draw > Sandbox > From Scratch from the menu bar.
- Click to set the TIN’s starting point.
How do I project a line to a surface in SketchUp?
Click on the “drape” tool in the sandbox toolbar or selected Tools>Sandbox>Drape. Select the ring and then the terrain to project the shape onto it. You should now have lines on terrain. From here, you can delete the ring, so that you’re just left with the shape you want.
How do I get topography from Google Earth to SketchUp?
Simply go back to to File>Geo-location>Add Imagery to expand your site with additional imagery. Lastly, to toggle the 3d site terrain on and off go to File>Geo-location>Show Terrain. If you found this sketchup tutorial on how to import a google map with terrain helpful please like and share it. Until next time.
How do I draw a path in Sketchup?
Here’s how the manual method works:
- Identify the path for your extrusion.
- Draw a face or profile that you want to follow the path. …
- Select the Follow Me tool ( ).
- Click and drag the face that you created along the path. …
- Click to complete the Follow Me operation when you reach the end of the path.
How do I make a model in Sketchup?
Follow these steps:
- In SketchUp for Web, click the Open Model/Preferences icon ( ).
- On the panel that appears, click the New Model icon ( ). The following figure shows your template options.
- Select a template that reflects your desired units of measure. Your options include feet and inches, meters, or millimeters.
Is SketchUp still free?
SketchUp Free. SketchUp Free runs inside your browser, so you need an internet connection, and any device that runs a modern browser will technically work. … Trimble Connect is also linked to the SketchUp Viewer mobile app (Android, iPhone), so you can pull up any of your models right on your phone and view them.
Is iScape free?
This is where iScape, free on iOS and Android, comes in handy. IScape is essentially like a Photoshop for landscape gardens. You snap a photo of your garden and then use the app to add new features to the image, like trees and other plants, water features and gravel paths.