How do you link annotations in Solidworks?
Linking an Annotation to a Custom Property of a Subassembly
- In a drawing view of an assembly that contains a subassembly, create a note with a leader that is attached to a subassembly component.
- While creating the note, in the Note PropertyManager, under Text Format, select Link to Property .
How do I link a mass drawing in Solidworks?
To add mass properties:
- Enter a Property Name for the mass property.
- Select Text from the Type list.
- Under Value / Text Expression, select the appropriate mass property from the list. Mass properties use the following, system-generated format: …
- Press Tab or Enter. The value of the property appears under Evaluated Value.
Where is sheet properties in Solidworks?
- In the drawing sheet, right-click the sheet icon in the FeatureManager design tree, any blank area of the drawing sheet, or the sheet tab at the bottom of the drawing window, and select Properties.
- Specify properties as described below and click OK.
How do I edit a custom property in Solidworks?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit List dialog box with the list of properties appears.
- You can do one of the following: Add. Type a name in the box and click Add. Delete. Select a property from the list and click Delete. Move Up.
How do you show weight in Solidworks drawing?
Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. The calculated mass properties appear in the dialog box. If an assembly contains components with overridden mass properties, those components are listed at the bottom of the Mass Properties dialog box.
How do you assign a weight in Solidworks?
Assign values for mass, center of mass, and moments of inertia to override the calculated values. To open this dialog box: Click Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties and then, in the Mass Properties dialog box, click Override Mass Properties.
How do I link a template in Solidworks?
Click Options or Tools > Options. Select Default Templates. Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings). In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
How do you update BOM in Solidworks?
You can update a named BOM to a selected version of the source file or item.
- In the View section of the Bill of Materials tab, expand BOM , and select a named BOM. …
- Click Refresh ( or ).
- In the Update Source Version dialog box, expand the File Version list and select the version to use. …
- Click OK.
How do you draw a BOM table in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I change the date created in Solidworks?
You can’t change the date/time of creating the file. You also can’t change/remove the designer’s name. All you can do is just make another copy (Save As) and it’ll be with your details.
How do I change the date format in Solidworks?
The Windows date format can be changed from Windows Control Panel > Region and Language. EPDM references the short date format. In EPDM the format can be changed by right-clicking on the vault in the EPDM admin, and selecting properties.