How do you lock a part in place in Solidworks assembly?
To lock, unlock, or break the external references:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click List External Refs. …
- View information and set options in the External References For dialog box. …
- Click OK.
How do you edit a part in assembly in Solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do you lock a part in Solidworks?
Open the System Options, and on the General page check Enable Freeze bar. This adds the Freeze bar to the design tree in the Feature Manager. Drag the bar below the features you want to lock. Release your left mouse button, and the features are locked.
How do I unlock a SolidWorks file?
To unlock a locked object, click File > Unlock. The Check Out command automatically removes the lock from an object.
What does lock mate do SolidWorks?
A Lock mate maintains the position and orientation between two components. The components are fully constrained relative to each other. A Lock mate has the same effect as forming a subassembly between the two components and making the subassembly rigid.
How do I edit a step in Solidworks 2020?
You need to add a feature to the imported body.
- Select the bottom face of the imported body.
- Click Chamfer . …
- Under Chamfer Parameters, make the desired settings and click OK . …
- Right-click Imported1 in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Feature. …
- Click OK. …
- Select the STEP file and click Open.
How do I cut an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an assembly feature cut:
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
Where is break link in SolidWorks?
Right-click the top-level part node and click Break Links to break the links for all 3D Interconnect feature links in the part. This is an irreversible action. After you break the links, you cannot reconnect or update the part with the original part.
How do you fix a broken external reference in SolidWorks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do you fix an object to the Origin in Solidworks?
To change the origin location or orientation:
- Create blocks from several sketch entities.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a Block. and select Edit Block. …
- Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin.
- In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: …
- Click .
How do I repair Origin in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration , All Configurations , or Specified Configurations .