To change the length of the line, select one of the endpoints and drag to lengthen or shorten the line. To move the line, select the line and drag the line to another position. To change the angle of a line, select an endpoint and drag to a different angle.
How do I change the properties of a line in Solidworks?
To change the properties of an individual line in the rectangle: In an open sketch, select the line and edit the properties in the Line Properties PropertyManager. SOLIDWORKS welcomes your feedback concerning the presentation, accuracy, and thoroughness of the documentation.
How do I increase line width in Solidworks?
To assign line thickness or style:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) and select the Document Properties tab.
- Set style and thickness for the following: All dimension leaders. All annotation leaders. Frames for geometric tolerances, balloons, and datums. Style. Thickness.
How do I delete part of a line in Solidworks?
To delete: Click the line or text and press the Delete key. To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location.
How do you show a section line in Solidworks?
By double-clicking the drawing view, you ensure that the line or lines belong to the view. With the line or lines selected, click Insert > Make Section Line. Select the section line. The Section View PropertyManager appears.
How do you increase thickness in Solidworks?
Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken. In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken . In the PropertyManager, under Thicken Parameters, select the side of the surface you want to thicken. When you select Thicken Both Sides , it adds the Thickness you specify to both sides.
How do you add thickness in Solidworks?
Click Thicken on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken. Examine the preview, and select the side of the surface you want to thicken, as shown below. Enter the Thickness . Note that when you select Thicken Both Sides , it adds the Thickness you specify to both sides.
How do you change inches to mm in Solidworks?
Changing units in the SOLIDWORKS user interface could not be simpler. Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment.
How do you repair dimensions in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do I change units in Solidworks 2019?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.