If you want to copy an object multiple times, select the object, type CO (the Revit keyboard shortcut for Copy) and before copying the object go to the ribbon and check “Multiple”. It is that simple, once you’ve checked this, Revit will behave like AutoCAD and will let you copy an object multiple times.
How do you copy multiple items in Revit?
To place multiple copies, on the Options Bar, select Multiple. Click once in the drawing area to begin moving and copying the elements. Move the cursor away from the original elements and toward the area where you want to place a copy. Click to place the copy or enter a value for the listening dimension.
How do you copy mass in Revit?
Import a Design as an In-Place Mass
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, navigate to the folder that contains the file to import.
- For Files of type, select the appropriate file type (such as DWG, SAT, or SKP).
- Select the file to import.
- Specify the desired import settings.
How do you copy one object multiple times?
Highlight, make one grip hot, type c (copy) and move your cursor in the direction you want, then hit enter and another and another and another. It’s automatically multiple. Or of course you can type in the distance (or angle and distance) you want, hit enter, then repeat as many times as you like.
How do you copy in Revit?
Select an element and, while pressing Ctrl , drag the element to copy it. Use the Copy tool to copy elements and place them immediately. Use the clipboard to copy and paste elements with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V .
Can you Copy with base point in Revit?
You can’t copy with base point but you can paste aligned to current view.
How do you create a mass family in Revit?
When you create a mass family in the Family Editor, you can then load the family into a project, and place instances of the mass family in the project. Click File tab New Conceptual Mass. In the New Conceptual Mass dialog, select Mass.
How do you extrude mass in Revit?
Select the upper face of the mass.
Add extrusion and Modify extrusion
- Click the lower part of the (Create Form) button, then. (Solid Form).
- Click the lock icon of the new extrusion. Now you are free to change the shape in any direction.
- Change the height to 3500 mm.
Which command is used to create multiple copies of objects?
You can also make multiple copies by holding down Ctrl as you select the first point. For example, with the Stretch grip mode, you can stretch an object, such as a line, and then copy it to any point in the drawing area.
How do you make duplicates in CAD?
How do you duplicate an object in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab > Modify panel > Copy. Find.
- Select the objects to copy and press Enter.
- Specify a base point for the copy.
- Specify a second point. The objects you selected are copied to a new location determined by the distance and direction between the first and second points.
Where are local Revit files stored?
When working on Collaboration for Revit files, local copies are saved at the following file path: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit
How do you copy a wall in Revit?
- Copy to Clipboard (CTRL+C) or from the Modify ribbon>Clipboard panel, choose Copy.
- On the Modify ribbon > Clipboard, click the drop down arrow under the Paste command.
- Select “Aligned to Selected Levels”
- Choose the Target level (i.e. Level 2)
- Switch to a 3D View to see the results.
How do I use local and central files in Revit?
Create a Local Copy of a Central Model
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.