How do you move a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Move a Scale Area or a Viewport (AutoCAD Mechanical)
- Double-click the viewport or scale area border (1).
- In model space the Scale Area dialog box appears, in layout the View dialog box appears: Under border, click Move<. Choose OK.
- Select the target position for the viewport (2).
- Choose OK.
Can’t select a viewport in AutoCAD?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do you unlock a viewport in AutoCAD?
Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale. The yellow unlocked padlock changes to a blue locked padlock, and the Viewport Scale button becomes unselectable. Locking the display makes for some nifty zooming. If you’re in paper space, a normal zoom is executed.
How do you unfreeze a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Freeze or Thaw Layers in the Current Layout Viewport
- Double-click within a layout viewport to make it current.
- Click Home tab Layer panel Layer Properties.
- In the Layer Properties Manager, select the layers to freeze or thaw.
- Click the icon in the VP Freeze column for the selected layers.
How do you move objects in viewport?
If you aren’t in model space, double-click inside the viewport to enter model space.
- Go to Home tab > Modify panel (expanded)> Change Space to start the CHSPACE command.
- At the prompt, select one or more objects to move.
- Press Enter to end selection and the command. AutoCAD moves the selected objects to the other space.
How do I resize a viewport in AutoCAD?
How do I stretch a viewport in Autocad?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.
Why can’t I select anything in Autocad?
There might be several causes for this: The desired objects are within a viewport on a layout and the viewport is not active. The layer of the objects are locked. The edit mode of an xref is active.
How do you activate a viewport?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
How do you hide a viewport frame?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I unlock a drawing in AutoCAD?
If you need to select or move the file, you can unlock it. Click an empty space on the diagram to deselect anything that may already be selected. Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties. Click to deselect the Lock size and position and Lock against deletion checkboxes.
How do you unlock viewport in AutoCAD 2021?
To unlock the layout viewport, select it while in paper space and change the Display Locked setting either in the Properties panel or from its shortcut menu.
What happens when you freeze a layer in AutoCAD?
Freeze the layers you want to be invisible for long periods. When you thaw a frozen layer, AutoCAD regenerates and displays the objects on that layer. … You can freeze layers in all viewports, in the current layout viewport, or in new layout viewports as they are created.
How do I freeze a layer in one viewport?
Double-click within a layout viewport to make it current. Click Home tab Layer panel Layer Properties. In the Layer Properties Manager, select the layers to freeze or thaw. Click the icon in the VP Freeze column for the selected layers.
How do I freeze a layer in a single viewport?
Click inside of Viewport. Type LAYER to get into Layer Manager. Select desired Layer and turn off VP Freeze.