How do you Extrude a feature in Solidworks?
- Create a sketch.
- Click one of the extrude tools: Extruded Boss/Base. on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Boss/Base > Extrude. Extruded Cut. on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > Extrude. Extruded Surface. on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
How do you change Extrude in Solidworks?
To edit the definition of a feature:
- Do one of the following: Select a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. Click Edit > Definition. …
- Edit the definition in the dialog box by specifying new values or options.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
Can we extrude the sketch in both direction yes or no?
To extrude in both directions from the sketch plane in the PropertyManager, under Direction 1, select Through All – Both Directions. To extrude as a thin feature, set the PropertyManager options in Thin Feature.
What is Extrude command in Solidworks?
You can extrude base features and other features using Extrude (2D to 3D toolbar) with partial sketches. Extruded Boss/Base on the Features toolbar accepts only complete sketches. To extrude a feature: It is not necessary to select a complete sketch. …
How do you edit a extrude boss in Solidworks?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do you remove extrude in Solidworks?
Select the end condition. Select a plane to define an extrude direction normal to the plane. To remove the faces defining the extrude from the model after extruding, click Delete original faces.
How do I edit a part in Solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
Can we extrude the sketch in both direction in Ansys?
Yes, using extruded direction selection in the box under the end condition drop down.
How do you extrude a face in Solidworks?
Extruding Surfaces from a 2D or 3D Face
- Click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Select a face: …
- Select other faces to define the extrude as required. …
- Select the end condition.
- For 3D faces, select a plane, edge, 2D face, or sketch line to define the direction of extrusion .
How do you extrude between two planes in Solidworks?
First define your sketch plane and make sure that the sketch is positioned so that it can drive the maximum number of features. Next, execute the Extrude command and choose the planes to define the extrusion. In this case I am using the front and back of the block as the control faces for the “Between” extrude option.