By default, distances are measured to the center of an arc or circle. tool, you can create: Dimensions between arc or circle edges.
How do you dimension a circle in Solidworks?
Creating Circular Dimensions
- Click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Select the circle.
- Drag the dimension and click to place it.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
How do you find the minimum distance in Solidworks?
There are other options, such as measuring the minimum distance. All that is needed is to have both arcs selected and then click on the Arc/Circle Measurements button and change it to Minimum Distance. Once selected, it will grab the shortest distance and display the appropriate measurement.
How do you align two circles in Solidworks?
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
How do you use smart dimension in Solidworks?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…
How do you measure distance in SOLIDWORKS 2019?
Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure. While the Measure dialog box is open, you can switch among different documents without closing the dialog box.
Using the Measure Tool.
|To measure the distance between two points:||Click Point-to-Point and select two points on the model.|
How do you find the distance between two planes in SOLIDWORKS?
To measure the distance between two points: Click Point-to-Point and select two points on the model. Callouts appear in the graphics area and new measurements appear in the Measure dialog box. Optionally, click Measurement History to view all measurements made during the current session of SOLIDWORKS.
How do you fix a dangling dimension in Solidworks?
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the master drawing in SOLIDWORKS. …
- From the SOLIDWORKS Menu select Tools>Options.
- Select the Document Properties tab.
- Select Detailing from the categories on the left.
- Locate the Hide dangling dimensions and annotations option and check the box next to it.
Is there a shortcut for smart dimension in Solidworks?
Shift + click Snaps a dimension to the max or min location when dimensioning arcs and circles with the Smart Dimension tool.