You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
What file types can you import to Revit?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
Can import SketchUp to Revit?
To use a SketchUp design in Revit Architecture, import a SKP file from SketchUp directly into Revit Architecture. As an alternative, you can use SketchUp to export a DWG file, and then import that DWG file into Revit Architecture.
Can a PDF be imported into Revit?
You can import PDF files with multiple pages into a 2D view to trace or to use as a reference as you create a model. Importing and managing PDFs into Revit is similar to importing and managing raster images. … Open the 2D model view in which you want to place the PDF file. Click Insert tab Import panel (Image) or (PDF).
What 3D files can Revit export?
Revit Architecture supports exporting to CAD (DWG and DXF), ACIS (SAT), and MicroStation® (DGN) file formats.
Can you convert Revit to AutoCAD?
Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. It is very simple but remember to click one button to make sure you work with ACAD solids… With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“.
Can Revit open FBX files?
GraphWorX64 version 10.95 and later support import of 3D models form Revit via IFC or FBX format.
How do I export Sketchup 3D to Revit?
Once you open your model in Sketchup you can simply go to File export 3D model IFC and then import the IFC model into Revit. Depending on the version of Revit you are using you can also import Sketchup files.
How do I convert a PDF to Revit?
Introduction to BIM 360 Docs for Revit Users – Register here
- Open the “Printing Preferences” for the Adobe PDF printer. …
- In the “Printing Preferences” dialog, click the Adobe PDF Settings tab.
- For Adobe PDF Output Folder, browse to a specific folder where you want PDFs to be created.
How do I import a PDF into Revit 2021?
Import and Manage PDF Files
- Open the 2D model view in which you want to place the PDF file.
- Click Insert tab Import panel (PDF). …
- In the Import PDF dialog, navigate to the folder containing the PDF file to import.
- Select the file, and click Open.
- In the Import PDF dialog, select the desired resolution.
Can you convert AutoCAD 3D to Revit?
You can easily convert 3D cad solids to Revit Families using CAD to RFA tool from PowerPack for Revit® available in Autodesk Exchange App Store. This command can be very useful for creating 2D and 3D Generic Model Families in Revit, using existent CAD blocks and geometry.