How do you add columns in chief architect?
How to Create Columns & Beams in Chief Architect
- Start the Chief Architect application by clicking on the shortcut on the desktop. …
- Go to the “Library Browser” at the upper right and open the “Chief Architect” library. …
- Click the “Columns” folder to view the types of columns that are available.
How big of a beam do I need to span 30 feet?
If you have a 30-foot span, it is important to know just how long a beam you will need for support. There is a good rule of thumb for this: divide your span (in inches) by 20. So, if your span is 30 feet (or 360 inches) you would divide that by 20 to come to 18 feet.
How do you group objects in chief architect?
Click on the Select Objects tool. Click and drag a selection marquee around the objects you would like to select. When you release the mouse button, the objects within the selection marquee will be selected as a group.
How do you rotate an object in chief architect?
To rotate a structure
- Select Edit> Edit Area> Edit Area All Floors . …
- Click and drag an Edit Area box around the structure(s) you wish to rotate. …
- The entire selection can easily be rotated by simply using the selection’s rotate handle, or by using the Transform/Replicate Object edit tool.