How do I get rid of the viewport border?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I change the viewport boundary in Autocad?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do I turn on the viewport frame in Autocad?
From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do you make a polyline viewport?
How do you make an irregular viewport?
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do you unlock a viewport?
Follow these steps to set up the viewport:
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do I change the viewport shape?
You can also select the viewport, right click, select ‘Viewport Clip’ (runs VPclip), then choose Polygonal and draw in the new shape of the viewport.
Why can’ti see my viewport in Autocad?
To restore the missing viewport, do the following: In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. … On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do I resize a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.
What is an xref override in AutoCAD?
Legacy Drawings and Xref Layer Property Overrides Settings
This behavior ensures that anytime you open a drawing that is authored in an earlier version of AutoCAD 2018.1, it maintains the visual fidelity between AutoCAD 2018.1 and previous AutoCAD releases and there is no change in behavior.
How do I get rid of xref override?
Click Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. In the Layer Properties Manager, right-click the property override that you want to remove. Property overrides are in columns labeled VP Freeze, VP Color, and so on. Click Remove Viewport Overrides For [ property name ] In Current Viewport Only.
How do I delete a view in AutoCAD?
To Delete a Named View
- Click View tab Views panel View Manager. Find. The View tab and Views panel are not displayed by default, so an alternative method is to enter VIEW at the Command prompt.
- In the View Manager, select a view, and click Delete.