Does solidworks have mirror appearance?
SOLIDWORKS 2018 provides a variety of new enhancements. One of the new enhancements is the ability to include the material and the visual appearance of the parent part in the derived part when using the SOLIDWORKS Mirror Part command (Insert -> Mirror Part).
How do I create a configuration in Solidworks?
To create a configuration manually:
- In either a part or assembly document, click the ConfigurationManager tab at the top of the FeatureManager design tree to change to the ConfigurationManager.
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click the part or assembly name and select Add Configuration.
How do you change the mirrored part in Solidworks?
To edit a mirror component feature: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click MirrorComponent and click Edit Feature . Make changes in the PropertyManager. Click .
- Add or delete components.
- Change the orientation of copied components.
- Change copied components to opposite-hand versions.
How do I add RealView graphics to Solidworks?
Click one of the following:
- View Settings > RealView Graphics.
- RealView Graphics (View toolbar)
- View > Display > RealView Graphics.
How do you make a reflection mirror in Solidworks?
There’s a setting, all the way at the bottom of the Photoview 360 appearance properties advanced illumination tab, called “double sided.” For your mirror appearance, uncheck that and then just apply it to one face of your mirror instead of the entire body, and then apply a fully-transparent appearance to the rest of …
Where is configuration in Solidworks?
You can enter descriptions for Toolbox components and select sizes and other properties in the Configure Component PropertyManager. By entering a description, you can easily select preset component configurations.
How do I change the configuration name in Solidworks?
To rename or delete a configuration, right-click the configuration Name and select Rename or Delete.
How do I save a new configuration in Solidworks?
To save as a copy with a subset of configuration:
- Open a model, right-click a configuration in the ConfigurationManager, and click Save Configurations.
- In the Save Configurations as a new Assembly/Part dialog box, select a configuration. …
- Click Save Selected.
- In the Save As dialog box, click Save.
How do you break the original link in Solidworks?
To break the link from the original part file:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.