How do you read house building plans?
4 Tips for Reading Blueprints
- Begin with the title block. The title block is the first piece of information you’ll see in construction site plans. …
- Study the plan legend. …
- Find the blueprint’s scale and orientation. …
- Look for notes from the architect.
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
What is the length and width of an average house?
Average Square Footage
In ranch houses following a straight configuration, the kitchen, dining and living area was at one end of the house, with the bedrooms at the other, running roughly 22 feet wide by 48 feet long, with a carport or garage at the end near the open living area, which equals 1,056 square feet.
What does C stand for on a floor plan?
House plan abbreviations
|CBD / CPD||Cupboard|
What does T in a circle mean on floor plans?
A small circle bisected by two parallel lines is a wall outlet, while a circle superimposed over an X is a ceiling light and a T hanging from a circle is a thermostat.