To list the external references on a part or feature, right-click the part or the feature or right-click the update holder , and click External References.
How do I create a external reference in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do I find external references in Solidworks?
To open the External References dialog box: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the top-level assembly or a subassembly, and click External References. Lists all components and features with external references hierarchically based on the assembly structure.
How do you fix external references in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do I move a SolidWorks file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.
How do I change references in SolidWorks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
How do I import a reference image into Solidworks?
To attach image files:
- Click Insert > Reference Image (or type AttachImage).
- In the dialog box, select an image to attach, and click Open.
- In the Attach Reference: Image dialog box, Name displays the name of the file you selected, or you can select a previously attached image. …
- Specify File information:
How you can insert a reference image in Solidworks?
Inserting Sketch Pictures
- In an open sketch, click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
- In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open. The picture is inserted.
- Set the properties on the first page of the Sketch Picture PropertyManager as necessary. …
- Click .
How do I find references in Solidworks?
Lists files referenced by the active part, assembly, or drawing document.
Find References Dialog Box
- Click File > Find References.
- Click Copy files.
- Set options in the Pack and Go dialog box and click Save.
- Click Close.
How do I delete an external reference in Solidworks?
To change or remove a reference:
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Edit user defined reference .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
Where is break link in Solidworks?
Right-click the top-level part node and click Break Links to break the links for all 3D Interconnect feature links in the part. This is an irreversible action. After you break the links, you cannot reconnect or update the part with the original part.