What does the Extend command do?
The extend command is used to extend the selected boundaries or edges. The objects are extended so that the edges of other objects can be converged. It displays the effect of the Extend command on the figure. … Type EX or Extend on the command line or command prompt and press Enter.
What is AutoCAD extension?
DWG is the proprietary native file format for AutoCAD, one of the most popular computer-assisted design (CAD) packages. The format is maintained by AutoDesk. DWG is a compact binary format that stores and describes the content of 2D and 3D design data and metadata.
How do I use the stretch command in AutoCAD?
Begin with a drawing open in AutoCAD.
- On the Modify panel, click the Stretch button. …
- Follow the command line instructions to click points from right to left to define a crossing selection box. …
- If these drafting settings aren’t already set this way, turn off SNAP mode and turn on ORTHO and OSNAP.
How do you use Extend command?
- Boundary Object Selection. Uses the selected objects to define the boundary edges to which you want to extend an object.
- Object to Extend. Specifies the objects to extend. …
- Shift-Select to Trim. Trims the selected objects to the nearest boundary rather than extending them. …
- Fence. …
- Crossing. …
- Project. …
- Edge. …
What is the difference between trim and extend command?
Extending operates the same way as trimming. You can extend objects so they end precisely at boundary edges defined by other objects. In this example, you extend the lines precisely to a circle, which is the boundary edge.
What are the shortcut keys in AutoCAD?
|Ctrl+Shift+C||Copy to clipboard with base point|
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|
What is the difference between stretch and extend in AutoCAD?
As verbs the difference between extend and stretch is that extend is to increase in extent while stretch is to lengthen by pulling. 16. Stretch is one of the most important commands in AutoCAD.
How do I stretch a shape in AutoCAD?
To Stretch an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Stretch. Find.
- Select the object using a crossing window selection. The crossing window must include at least one vertex or endpoint.
- Do one of the following: Enter the displacement in the form of a relative Cartesian, polar, cylindrical, or spherical coordinate.