Now the results showed that the OBJ file that was converted to FBX was still smaller than the other formats converted to FBX (how ever the standard OBJ file was still the smallest.) Note that this was a small, texture-less, simple model exported from Sketch Up.
Is FBX bigger than OBJ?
So FBX is technically far superior than OBJ. OBJ remains simple to use though. It’s an easier format to read data from.
How big are FBX files?
Source animation fbx file size is 188Kb (I realize this is a text file).
Why is my FBX file so big?
File sizes also tend to grow between Revit and FBX because all material data is embedded with the FBX file. The growth in file size means FBX files must contain every Revit texture used as materials so you can later import the FBX file into 3ds Max.
Is OBJ or FBX better for substance painter?
there should not be any difference between OBJ or FBX import in Substance Painter. Maybe your fbx export from your 3D software is not set correctly. Substance Painter will create a texture set for every material assigned to an object.
How do I convert OBJ to FBX?
How to convert a file using Aspose.3D Conversion App
- Click inside the file drop area to upload a file or drag & drop a file.
- Download link of file will be available instantly after conversion.
- You can also send a link to the file to your email address.
How do I reduce the size of my FBX?
When importing the FBX file into 3ds Max, follow these steps:
- In 3ds Max, click Customize menu > Preferences.
- On the Files tab of the Preferences dialog box, under File Handling, select the “Compress On Save” check box.
- Save this file to your drive with a name such as BB. max. This will compress the file size.
How do I convert FBX to OBJ?
FBX files are easy to convert to OBJ.
Option 2: Blender
- Navigate to the panel on the top right of the screen and choose “File”.
- Click the “Import” button, then press “FBX” to select the file you’d like to upload. …
- Once the model has appeared, select “Export” from the File menu.
Can SketchUp open FBX?
Streamline your Workflow
Now you can actually import heavy, high-poly FBX, OBJ, and 3DS models into SketchUp that you receive from other teams or that you purchased online from high-quality sites like TurboSquid. With Skimp, everything works inside SketchUp so you’ll always feel right at home!
How do I reduce FBX size in blender?
To reduce the file size, turn off the exporting of any parts you do not want and disable All Actions. For armature animations typically you just leave the armature enabled which is necessary for that type of animation. Reducing what is output makes the export and future import much faster.
How do I compress an OBJ file?
- First option, reduce the complexity of the object by cutting the number of triangles that form it.
- Second option, try to read the OBJ file in a single chunk instead of line by line. …
- Third option, try to build a basic converter for OBJ into binary format. …
- Fourth option.
What program uses OBJ?
Files in OBJ format can be opened with Autodesk Maya 2013, Blender, and MeshLab in Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Linux platforms.
Do FBX files contain textures?
4: In order to pack the textures in the FBX file we change the Path Mode to “Copy”. Fig. 5: Activate the “Embed” option which will include the textures in the FBX file.