How do you disassemble a part in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the subassembly you want to dissolve, and select Dissolve Subassembly. You can also select the subassembly icon and click Edit > Dissolve Assembly. The components become components of the immediate parent assembly, and the subassembly is removed.
Can you replace a part in an assembly solidworks?
You can replace components in an assembly. You can replace a part with a subassembly or vice versa. You can replace one, more than one, or all instances of a component at the same time.
Can you explode a part in Solidworks?
When you explode multiple components in one step, you can space them equally along an axis. You can edit an explode step to add, delete, or reposition components. You can edit an explode step while you create the exploded view or after you save the view. You can delete an explode step from an exploded view.
How do you switch between parts in Solidworks?
Ctrl+Tab. This shortcut is used to switch between open documents inside of SOLIDWORKS and works with drawings, assemblies and parts. Think Ctrl+ Alt + Tab in Windows, just for SOLIDWORKS.
How do I find a design tree in Solidworks?
To search the FeatureManager design tree:
- Right-click anywhere in the FeatureManager design tree (except Materials. ), and select Go To.
- In the dialog box, enter a text string for Find what.
- Click Find Next as many times as needed. The tree is searched from top to bottom. To reverse direction, clear Start from the top.
How do I use Explorer in Solidworks?
To activate the SOLIDWORKS Explorer:
- From within the SOLIDWORKS application, click Tools > SOLIDWORKS Explorer.
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Explorer version .
- Create a shortcut by dragging the SOLIDWORKS Explorer icon to your desktop.
How do I update Solidworks assembly?
To update an assembly:
- In SOLIDWORKS, open an assembly previously built by CircuitWorks.
- In CircuitWorks, make the component changes or open a new ECAD file containing the changes.
- Click Build Model (Tools toolbar).
- In the dialog box, click Yes to update the open assembly. …
- To update the SOLIDWORKS assembly, do one:
In which type of assembly one part in an assembly can be substituted for a similar part?
Interchangeable parts are parts (components) that are, for practical purposes, identical. They are made to specifications that ensure that they are so nearly identical that they will fit into any assembly of the same type. One such part can freely replace another, without any custom fitting, such as filing.
How do you constrain parts in SolidWorks assembly?
To define assembly constraints: Under Tolerance Assembly, select a part to constrain in the simplified assembly. For example, in the following two-part assembly, you selected the part with a boss as Base part in Assembly Sequence. Select the hole plate part to constrain it.
How do you limit a mate in SolidWorks?
To add a limit mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
- Under Mate Selections, select the entities to mate for Entities to Mate .
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates: Click Distance or Angle . …
- A LimitDistance or LimitAngle mate is added to the assembly.
What is a distance mate in SolidWorks?
Enter a distance value in the Distance box in the Mate PropertyManager. … The default value is the current distance between the selected entities.