How do you cut a surface with a solid in AutoCAD?
Slice a 3D Solid or Surface With a Surface
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Slice. …
- Select the 3D solid or surface objects to slice. …
- At the Command prompt, enter s (Surface).
- Press Enter.
- Select a surface to use as the cutting plane.
What is the purpose of slicing 3 points?
Program slicing can be used in debugging to locate source of errors more easily. Other applications of slicing include software maintenance, optimization, program analysis, and information flow control. Slicing techniques have been seeing a rapid development since the original definition by Mark Weiser.
Can you trim 3D objects in AutoCAD?
Select the cutting edge for trimming (1). Enter p (Project). Enter v (View). Select the object to trim (2).
What are 3 important properties for any drawing object?
Object properties control the appearance and behavior of objects, and are used to organize a drawing. Every object has general properties including its layer, color, linetype, linetype scale, lineweight, transparency, and plot style. In addition, objects have properties that are specific to their type.
What is difference between erase and trim in AutoCAD?
As verbs the difference between trim and erase
is that trim is to reduce slightly; to cut; especially, to remove excess; eg ‘trim a hedge’, ‘trim a beard’ the adposition of can be used in present perfect tense to designate the removed part while erase is to remove markings or information.
How do I cut multiple lines in AutoCAD?
Here are the steps:
- Type extrim on the command line.
- At the Pick a POLYLINE, LINE, CIRCLE, ARC, ELLIPSE, IMAGE or TEXT for cutting edge: prompt, select one of the listed objects.
- At the Specify the side to trim on: prompt, pick on one side of the selected object.
What are the 2D commands of AutoCAD?
AutoCAD 2009 Commonly Used 2D and 3D Commands
|LINE||Draws a line||Draws a 3D solid box|
|CIRCLE||Draws a circle||Combines two or more 3D solids together|
|INSERT||Inserts a block or drawing file||Rotates the camera of the current view around a drawing|
|ERASE||Removes selected objects||Moves objects in 3D space|