How do I convert products to parts in Catia?
It looks like this:
- Click Product to Part or select Tools > Generate CATPart from Product… menu and select the node Assembly_01 .
- The dialog box is displayed. In Assembly Design: In Product Data Filtering:
- Click OK . A progress bar is displayed while Assembly_01_AllCATPart is created. It looks like this:
How do I change units in Catia v6?
3DCS follows the CATIA units. The default unit is millimeters. To change the units, simply click the drop-down list at the bottom of the units window and select the desired unit.
What is affinity in Catia?
An Affinity transformation changes the absolute size of the selected functional features by multiplying a scale ratio in a given direction to a geometric coordinate value. Unlike the Scale transformation, each direction of the referenced axis system may use a different scale factor.
How do you create a body part on Catia?
Click the Insert Body icon. If the icon is not visible in the application, you can display it by using the View -> Toolbars -> Insert command. The result is immediate. CATIA displays this new body referred to as “Body.
How do I convert step to Catia?
SolidWorks >> CATIA V5 (Dassault)
- To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as…, as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. …
- Under Output as the following options can be selected:
- Solid/Surface geometry: the geometry will be exported as solid and surface bodies.
What is Catpart file?
CATPART is a part file created by CATIA V5, a 3D CAD manufacturing applicatio. It stores a part model, including the three-dimensional geometry and structure data; can be combined with other parts into a . CATPRODUCT assembly file.
How can I improve my Catia performance?
Lower the value better the performance. More the stack value, more will be the memory consumption. Virtual memory of the system should be set to recommended value. Set trigger memory from 70% to 90%.
How can I make Catia faster?
So to get faster performance, set the numbers higher. To get smoother display curves, set the numbers lower. This sort of behavior also applies to 2D Accuracy, Level of detail, and Pixel Culling settings.
What is occlusion culling in Catia?
The basic concept of Occlusion Culling is a technique that does not render objects that are behind other objects (obscure from other objects view). Another note is that this technique is supported by CATIA multi-threaded processing.