Under Direction of Projection , select a plane, edge, sketch, or face as the direction of the projected curve. Under Projection Faces , select the cylindrical face on the model where you want to project the sketch. Select the Reverse projection check box, or click the handle in the graphics area, if required.
How do you convert a curve to sketch in Solidworks?
Using Convert Entities
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
What is a rough sketch called?
Definitions of rough drawing. a preliminary sketch of a design or picture. synonyms: draft. type of: sketch, study. preliminary drawing for later elaboration.
What is a derived sketch in Solidworks?
Derives a sketch from another sketch that belongs to the same part, or derives a sketch from another sketch in the same assembly. When you derive a sketch from an existing sketch, you are assured that the two sketches will retain the characteristics that they share in common.
What does the Convert Entities sketch tool do?
The Convert Entities tool allows users to make a copied projection of a given sketch, face, or set of edges onto the active sketch plane. These sketch entities will update their size and/or positioning if either of these characteristics changes in the source sketch.
How do you use an intersection curve?
To open a 2D sketch, select the plane first then click Intersection Curve. To open a 3D sketch, click Intersection Curve first then select the plane.
- A plane and a surface or a model face.
- Two surfaces.
- A surface and a model face.
- A plane and the entire part.
- A surface and the entire part.
How do you sketch on an extruded surface?
- Sketch the profile of the surface.
- Click Extruded Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Set the PropertyManager options. Extruded surface using Mid Plane from sketched spline.
- Click OK . Resulting extruded surface.