What is the Move command in Revit?
The Move tool works similarly to dragging. However, it offers additional functionality on the Options Bar and allows more precise placement. Use the Offset tool to copy or move a selected element, such as a model line, detail line, wall, or beam, a specified distance parallel to the selected element.
How do you move multiple objects in Revit?
Select Multiple Elements
- While pressing Ctrl , click each of the elements. …
- Draw a selection box by placing the cursor on one side of the elements to be selected and dragging it diagonally to form a rectangular boundary. …
- Press Tab to highlight connected elements, and then click to select.
How do I move a Revit model?
Relocate the Model
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Position drop-down (Relocate Project). The Relocate Project tool works similar to the Move tool. As you move the cursor over elements, valid references are highlighted and identified in the status bar.
- Move the project graphically in the view.
How do you send an object to the back in Revit?
- In the drawing area, select one or more details. The following tools become available on the Modify
tab Arrange panel. (Bring to Front). Immediately places the selected details in front of all other details in the view. (Send to Back). …
- Click the desired option to move the details.
How do you turn off Ortho in Revit?
To turn Ortho off temporarily, hold down the Shift key while you work. Direct distance entry is not available with this override.
How do I lock axis in Revit?
To Lock to the Z Axis When Measuring
- Click Review tab Measure panel Measure drop-down.
- Click a Measure tool.
- Press Z, or on the Measure panel, click Lock drop-down Z axis .
- Move your cursor over the model in the Scene View and use the surface snap to select a surface.
How do you select a filter in Revit?
Select Elements Using a Filter
- Define a selection box around the elements to select. Place the cursor on one side of the elements and drag it diagonally to form a rectangular boundary. …
- Click Modify | Multi-Select tab Filter panel (Filter). …
- Specify the categories of elements to include in the selection: …
- Click OK.
How do I select a floor in Revit?
In a plan view, select the floor, and click Modify | Floors tab Mode panel Edit Boundary. Watch the tooltip and the status bar to be sure you select the floor, not another element. If desired, you can use a filter to select the floor.
How do you select everything in a level in Revit?
Click Modify | Multi-Select tab Filter panel (Filter).
- To exclude all elements in a category, clear its check box.
- To include all elements in a category, select its check box.
- To select all categories, click Check All.
- To clear all categories, click Check None.