In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.
How do you select multiple items in Solidworks?
To select multiple items, hold down Ctrl while selecting.
How do I move multiple files in Solidworks?
Users can move a file structure to multiple folders using the Move Tree functionality. To move a file structure to multiple folders: Select the parent file and click Tools > Move Tree. In the Move Tree dialog box, in Default Destination click Browse to navigate to the primary destination folder.
How do you move around in Solidworks 2020?
To move or align the triad: Drag the center ball to drag the triad freely. Alt + drag the center ball or an arm and drop it on an edge or face to align the triad with the edge or face.
Using a Triad to Move a Component.
|Show Translate XYZ Box||Moves the component to a specific XYZ coordinate.|
How do you select multiple faces in Solidworks?
To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
How do you select something in Solidworks?
In SOLIDWORKS, you can select objects as follows:
- Click objects in the graphics area.
- Press Ctrl while clicking to select more than one object.
- Drag the pointer from left to right to define a box selection or from right to left to define a cross selection.
What is pack and go in Solidworks?
Gathers all related files for a model design (parts, assemblies, drawings, references, design tables, Design Binder content, decals, appearances, and scenes, and SOLIDWORKS Simulation results) into a folder or zip file. To access Pack and Go: In SOLIDWORKS, click File > Pack and Go.
How do I use Explorer in Solidworks?
To activate the SOLIDWORKS Explorer:
- From within the SOLIDWORKS application, click Tools > SOLIDWORKS Explorer.
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Explorer version .
- Create a shortcut by dragging the SOLIDWORKS Explorer icon to your desktop.
How do I move a fixed component in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you move objects in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do you merge bodies in Solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .