Can you mirror bodies in SolidWorks?
Creates a copy of a feature, (or multiple features), mirrored about a face or a plane. You can select the feature or you can select the faces that comprise the feature. Select a body in a single model or multibody part to create a mirror entity. …
Can you flip a part in SolidWorks?
In a part, select a face or plane to mirror about, and then click Insert > Mirror Part. See Creating Opposite-Hand Versions of Parts. Mirror an assembly feature. In an assembly, click Assembly Features (Assembly tab on the CommandManager) and click Mirror , or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Mirror.
Why is mirror part greyed out SolidWorks?
If you see that the Mirror Part command is greyed out that is because you should pre-select the mirror face or plane. The Material checkbox in the Mirror Components PropertyManager is selected by default and lets you propagate the material of the mirrored part from the parent part.
How do I edit a mirror in SolidWorks?
To edit a mirror component feature: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click MirrorComponent and click Edit Feature . Make changes in the PropertyManager.
- Add or delete components.
- Change the orientation of copied components.
- Change copied components to opposite-hand versions.
What options are available for a mirror feature?
The Mirror tool can copy geometry, surfaces, curves, patterns, and datum features about a mirror plane. You can also mirror all feature patterns, group patterns, and patterned patterns. In the Model Tree, independent Mirror features are represented by , and dependent Mirror features are represented by .
How do you mirror sheet metal in SolidWorks?
To mirror a sheet metal feature:
- Create a sheet metal feature. …
- Create a plane that is centered between the two edges of the base flange.
- Click one of the following sheet metal features on the Sheet Metal toolbar, or click Insert > Sheet Metal: …
- Click Mirror. …
- In the PropertyManager: …
- Click .
How do you mirror entities?
To mirror sketch entities as you sketch them:
- Select a line or a model edge in an open sketch.
- Click Dynamic Mirror Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . …
- Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. …
- To turn mirroring off, click Dynamic Mirror Entities.