How do I merge two groups in Sketchup?
Re: How to join to groups
- Select the 2 groups [Note that you use Select+Ctrl to add to a Selection if they are difficult to select together] Then right-click context-menu ‘Group’. …
- If pre-Exploding the 2 Groups won’t clash with other geometry Select the 2 groups and Explode. …
- Select one group and Edit it.
How do you separate components in SketchUp?
Make Unique: Sometimes you want to make changes to only one or a few of the instances of a component in your model. In this case, select the instance(s) you want to edit, right-click one of them, and choose Make Unique from the context menu. This option turns the instances you selected into a separate component.
Why won’t SketchUp make a face?
Ninety percent of the time, when SketchUp doesn’t create a face where you think it should, an edge isn’t on the plane you think it’s on. To check whether your edges are coplanar, draw an edge that cuts diagonally across the area where you want a face to appear.
What does outside active mean in SketchUp?
christian. scholl1974: … a message pops up saying “on face outside active”. “active” means the entities context that is currently active (aka, open) for editing. You open a context for editing by double-clicking into it.
What happens when you triple click a face in SketchUp?
When you double-click a face, you select that face and all the edges that define it. Double-clicking an edge gives you that edge plus all the faces that are connected to it. When you triple-click an edge or a face, you select the whole conglomeration that it’s a part of.
How do you copy and align in SketchUp?
Here’s how to copy and paste in SketchUp:
- With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to copy. See Selecting Geometry for tips on making selections.
- Select Edit > Copy from the menu bar. …
- Select Edit > Paste from the menu bar. …
- Click where you want to place the copied geometry.