What is the function of fillet in SolidWorks?
Fillet Overview. Fillet/Round creates a rounded internal or external face on the part. You can fillet all edges of a face, selected sets of faces, selected edges, or edge loops.
What is the use of fillet?
A fillet or round connects two objects with a tangent arc in 2D, or creates a rounded transition between the adjacent faces of a 3D solid. An inside corner is called a fillet and an outside corner is called a round; you can create both using the FILLET command.
How do you split a face in Solidworks?
To split a face by projecting a new sketch:
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.
How do you fillet in Solidworks 2020?
To create a fillet: Click Fillet (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Fillet/Round. Set the PropertyManager options. For constant radius fillets only, you can use the FilletXpert to add or modify fillets and to manage fillet corners.
How do you fillet multiple bodies in Solidworks?
To create multiple fillets using the FilletXpert Add tab:
- In the FilletXpert PropertyManager, click the Add tab.
- Under Items to Fillet: Select items to fillet for Edges, Faces, Features and Loops . Set the Radius . Click Apply. The FilletXpert adds the fillet features without leaving the PropertyManager.
How do you flip a fillet in Solidworks?
You can reverse the orientation of the fillet on one or more edges that intersect the vertex. Click the multi-edge control point to select which edges you want to reverse the orientation for. Sets the radius for one fillet direction. Sets the radius for the other fillet direction.
Can you fillet a surface?
Fillet the edges of a surface body. Make multiple radius surface fillets. Make fillets between two surfaces, or face fillets.
|Constant radius surface fillet with Full preview||Constant radius surface fillet applied|
|Multiple radius surface fillet with Partial preview||Multiple radius surface fillet applied|