What is a feature line in Autocad?
Feature lines are 3D objects which can be used as grading footprints, surface breaklines, and as corridor baselines. About the Feature Lines Collection (Prospector Tab) Use the Feature Lines collection in the Prospector tree to manage feature line styles and layers.
How do I create a feature line profile?
To create a quick profile from an object
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Profile drop-down Quick Profile Find. …
- In the drawing, select a line, polyline, lot line, feature line, or survey figure.
- In the Create Quick Profiles dialog box, select the surfaces you want to sample, and the profile and profile view styles.
How do I make a surface feature line?
Right-click a feature line Add To Surface As Breakline. Note: If there are no surfaces in the drawing, you are prompted to create one. In the Select Surface dialog box, select a surface, and click OK. Or, select the Add button to create a new surface.
What is a feature line?
Feature lines are 3D objects which can be used as grading footprints, surface breaklines, and as corridor baselines. For example, a feature line may represent an object in the drawing from which you want to grade, such as a swale or a ridge line.
How do you grade a feature line?
Feature line grading involves creating a set of feature lines to define the graded region as surface breaklines, and then adjusting the elevation of key points to control the shape of the surface. This technique is ideal for wide, fairly flat areas, such as parking lots or building pads.
Can you create an alignment from a feature line?
Click Home tab Create Design panel Feature Line drop-down Create Feature Lines From Objects Find. In the drawing, select an alignment. Then press Enter.
How do I add elevation to my feature line?
To insert a feature line elevation point by selecting a location
- Click Modify tab Edit Elevations panel Insert Elevation Point Find.
- Select the feature line or other object.
- Click to select the location along the feature line to insert the elevation point.
- Specify the elevation by entering a value.
How do I delete a surface feature line?
Right click the breakline you want to delete and select Delete. This will remove the breakline from the set and renumber any additional breaklines in the set automatically. Even if you have the surface set to Rebuild Automatically it will not rebuild.
How do you join two feature lines in Civil 3D?
To Join Feature Lines
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Join Find.
- Select the feature line you want to join other lines to.
- Select the joining object or enter Multiple to make a selection of multiple feature lines, polylines, or 3D polylines.
How do you edit a feature line in Civil 3D?
Click Modify tab Edit Elevations panel Edit Elevations Find. Select the feature line or other object. To select the vertex or elevation point to edit, press Enter without entering a value. You can also enter Next or Previous to change the direction the command uses to step through the points.