How do I move sketch from assembly to part in Solidworks?
Answer. In the assembly, edit the profile of the sketch. While in the profile, perform a Ctrl + A (Select All), then a Ctrl + C (Copy). In the part file, go to the Sketch command and select the desired reference plane that you want the sketch to be on.
How do I make a part from assembly sketch?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
How do you copy a sketch?
The Basic Workflow to copy the sketch is simple:
- Select the source Sketch.
- Type CTRL+C as a shortcut for the “Copy” command.
- Select the Plane that will receive the sketch.
- Type CTRL+P as a shortcut fr the “Paste” command.
What is the command used to move a sketch onto a different plane?
In a part or assembly file, use Redefine to move a sketch to a different plane. To move a sketch to a planar face or work plane, in the browser, right-click the sketch, and click Redefine. You can use constraints and dimensions to position it, and modify its size.
How do you save a sketch in assembly in Solidworks?
To save a virtual component to its own external file, right-click the component and select Save Part(in External File). Alternatively, when you save the assembly, you can select to save the part either inside the assembly or to an external file.
How do I copy a sheet format in Solidworks?
Select the view either on the sheet or in the FeatureManager design tree. Click Edit, Cut or Copy. Change to the target sheet or drawing document, click where you want to paste the view, and click Edit, Paste.
Can you extrude a sketch in an assembly?
To create an assembly feature cut: Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. The profile can contain more than one closed contour. Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
How do you make a 3D sketch in Solidworks?
To create a 3D sketch, click 3D Sketch (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3DSketch . You can create 3D sketch entities on a working plane, or at any arbitrary point in 3D space. In 3D sketching, a graphical space handle helps maintain your orientation while you sketch on several planes.
How do you move a 3D sketch in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Sketch Entities
- Click Move Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
Can you save a sketch in Solidworks?
Saving a Sketch to a Block File
To save a sketch to a block file: Create a sketch. Click Save Sketch as Block (Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Blocks > Save .
How do you copy a sketch in xactimate?
Copy and paste a room
- Open an estimate.
- Select the Sketch tab.
- Right click the room that you want to copy.
- Click Copy.
- Right click anywhere on the work space, and select Paste. An outline of the copied room appears as your cursor.
- Left click anywhere in the work space to place the room.